Stanford University – Siebel Varsity Golf Training Compex
Greenskeeper – Siebel Varsity Golf Training Complex – Job #: 75630
The SVGTC is a one of a kind practice facility in NCAA Division I golf. The new hire will join two experienced greenskeepers taking care of the 20-acre facility located adjacent to the second hole of the renowned Stanford University Golf Course. The mission is to provide tournament conditions that prepare our teams for NCAA Division I competitions. The ability to work well in groups is a must, as all three greenskeepers work together closely everyday to prepare The SVGTC for our student athletes.
- Operates standard transmission utility vehicles and tractors.
- Operates a variety of power equipment for mowing, spraying, moving earth, etc.
- Sets cups, locates tee markers, grooms bunkers, hand waters turf and landscape, repairs course damage.
- Applies fertilizers and chemicals, does trapping.
- Checks condition of golf course and reports findings to a supervisor.
- Performs a variety of maintenance duties. Trims trees and shrubs, repairs irrigation, sharpens tools, does minor golf course repairs. Helps maintain golf course equipment such as tractors, utility vehicles, and mowers.
- Performs building maintenance duties including plumbing, painting, lighting and minor electrical repairs. Cleans and stocks restrooms as necessary.
- Performs labor duties including digging, trenching, sodding, hauling and clean-ups.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of environmental conditions.
- Ability to walk mow greens and walk distances of up to five miles per day.
- Ability to follow job related instructions
- Ability to work either independently or in teams.
- Ability to operate power equipment such as mowers and tractors with a variety of attachments.
- Ability to recognize unnatural or unhealthy appearance of plant materials.
- Ability to use hand tools to perform a variety of repairs.
- Ability to work safely in accordance with all safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to apply fertilizers and chemicals safely and accurately.
- A qualified pesticide applicator’s certificate (QAC) is desirable.
- A minimum of one-year experience in golf course and/or landscape maintenance.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
The position is a full-time, hourly, benefitted position. The employee will be a member of the Stanford Bargaining Unit and earn a starting union wage of $23.53 per hour. Stanford benefit information can be found here: https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/benefits-rewards
Applications are taken online at:
Job number: 75630
Dan James – Cell: 650-222-4590 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org