As you may know, Rounds 4 Research was started in 2012 to address funding shortages in the areas of turfgrass research, education and advocacy.
The premise of the program is simple: Golf facilities can support the effort by donating rounds of golf for two or four or “stay and play” packages and other items that will be auctioned online through a nationwide auction from April 29 – May 5, 2019.
The proceeds from the online auction are designated by the participating facilities to their local GCSA chapter (in this case, GCSANC). 80 percent goes to the chapter with the remaining 20 percent going to EIFG to assist with marketing and technical costs of running the national auction.
The auction is conducted through the bidding platform biddingforgood.com. Donated items can be viewed here. GCSANC can then decide how best to spend the funds in the areas of research, education or advocacy efforts.
We are asking you to consider donating a twosome or foursome from your facility to the auction. In times of declining membership, participation and sponsorship, these additional funds can be critical to our chapter to continue providing the member services to which you have become accustomed. The donation process can be completed online and takes approximately 10 minutes. You can visit here to complete the form.
The participating facility has the ability to restrict rounds to certain days and times, as well as the option of setting your opening bid. You can send in your own certificate for the donation or the EIFG will create a certificate for you.
Thank you for your time and consideration. You will be assisting your local chapter as well as raising funds for the future of the game.